Graduate Assistantship in Student Activities and Marketing
The Graduate Assistant in Student Activities and Marketing is an appointment that runs in the fall and spring semesters. The position requires 10 to 15 hours per week in the Marist Branch Campus, compensated at a rate of $12 per hour. The actual number of hours completed in any given week may not exceed 15 hours. A maximum of two of the weekly worked hours can be done from home with prior approval from the supervisor.
The Graduate Assistant in Student Activities and Marketing will work in collaboration with the Student Activities and Residential Life staff at the Marist Branch Campus to design, coordinate and promote activities and programming for all Marist-LdM students (FFE, B.A. and M.A.) in Florence. These activities should be focused on building community within and between these populations, and promoting outside the classroom learning experiences available in Florence. The graduate assistant will also promote activities and develop guidelines designed to focus students on museum visits, and cultural events in the region. The graduate assistant will also develop and implement strategies for helping students to enrich their cultural understanding/exploration of Florence during their time abroad.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience in developing /organizing student activities
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with maintaining a student focused blog, Twitter, and Facebook accounts
- Ability to lead tours and interact with students and visitors
- Knowledge of Florence and surrounding areas
- Previous experience in higher education administration or a study abroad setting