Master's Degree Admission
You have put a lot of thought into making the decision to apply. Make sure you don't forget the details!
Preparing to Apply
Before you begin the online application, we highly recommend you have your current resume, personal statement, and writing sample finalized. All documents will be uploaded to the centralized application.
How to Apply
All applications for admission will be processed through a centralized application service for graduate programs (GradCAS).
You will create an account via the online application portal (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox. If you encounter any issues, please contact our technical support at 857-304-2086 or via email at GradCASinfo@liaisonedu.com
You will select the following:
- Term – fall
- Institution – Marist College
- Program – MA in Museum Studies
A Complete Application in GradCAS includes the following:
Official transcripts from each college/university attended. Bachelor's degree noted transcripts must be submitted prior to matriculation
- Electronic transcripts will be accepted through Credentials Solutions, National Clearinghouse, or Parchment. Be sure to enter GradCAS as the recipient
- World Education Services (WES) evaluation will be required for transcripts from non-US institutions
- Official transcripts can be sent via mail to:
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
· Current resume
· Personal statement outlining career objective(s), the reason(s) for selecting Marist's MA in Museum Studies program, and your personal and professional expectations from the program
· Three letters of recommendation (one must be from an academic professional)
- You must supply the names and email addresses for each recommender in GradCAS in order to submit your application
· Writing sample (preferably a prior undergraduate/graduate academic paper)
· English Proficiency Exam (for non-native English-speaking students), one of the following exams are required:
- TOEFL - minimum score of 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, or an 80 on the IBT (GradCAS score report code is B886)
- IELTS - minimum score of 6.5 (Marist score report code is 2400)
· Nonrefundable $50 application fee
Priority deadline for a completed application is March 1. Applications received after March 1 will be reviewed on a case by case basis.