Graduate Assistantship in Cultural Heritage
The Graduate Assistant in Cultural Heritage is an appointment that runs in the fall and spring semesters. The position requires 10 to 15 hours per week at the Lorenzo de'Medici office, compensated at a rate of $12 per hour. The actual number of hours completed in any given week may not exceed 15 hours. A maximum of two of the weekly worked hours can be done from home with prior approval from the supervisor.
The Graduate Assistant in Cultural Heritage will work in collaboration with the Clubs Coordinator at LdM to identify and promote recommendations designed for students on museum visits, cultural events in the region, and create strategies for helping students to enrich their cultural understanding/exploration of Florence during their time abroad. The Cultural Heritage Assistant will coordinate several cultural activities, including but not limited to museum excursions or visits, for all groups of students studying with Lorenzo de’Medici.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Experience with public speaking
- Knowledge of Italian or desire to learn Italian and use it when interacting with others
- Knowledge of Florence and surrounding areas
- Previous Experience organizing tours and interacting with students