Graduate Assistantships 2017-2018
There are a limited number of graduate assistantships available to graduate students in the M.A. in Museum Studies program. Graduate assistants provide services to Marist-LdM such as administrative and student support. Students may apply for more than one assistantship but can only receive one award. In order to apply for one of our assistantships, please indicate on your application to the program that you are interested in one.
- Graduate Assistantship in Program Support
- Graduate Assistantship in Student Activities and Marketing
- Graduate Assistantship in Cultural Heritage
- Graduate Assistantship in Museology Review
- Graduate Library Assistantship
- Resident Assistant (open to both B.A. and M.A. students)
- Must be a fully admitted graduate student to the M.A. in Museum Studies program
- Must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 for the duration of the assistantship
- Meet requirements to be eligible for employment by a U.S. university
- Graduate assistantships require a commitment of between 10 to 15 hours of work per week. The actual number of hours completed in any given week may not exceed 15 hours. A maximum of two of the weekly worked hours can be done from home with prior approval from the supervisor.
- The rate of compensation for graduate assistantships is $12 per hour.
Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici Recognition Awards 2017-2018
In addition to the graduate assistantships, Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici offers a limited number of Recognition Awards each academic year to students in the M.A. in Museum Studies program. All students admitted to the program are automatically considered for these awards. No application is necessary. Award selection and the amount of the award is based on student academic performance, the potential for success in the program, and financial need.