Graduate Assistantships 2015-2016
There are a limited number of graduate assistantships available to formally admitted graduate students in the M.A. in Museum Studies program. Graduate assistants provide services to Marist-LdM such as administrative and student support. Students may apply for more than one assistantship, but can only receive one award.
- Graduate Assistantship in Program Support
- Graduate Assistantship in Student Activities and Marketing
- Graduate Assistantship in Cultural Heritage
- Graduate Assistantship in Museology Review
- Graduate Library Assistantship
- Resident Assistant (open to both B.A. and M.A. students)
- Must be a fully admitted graduate student to the M.A. in Museum Studies program
- Must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 for the duration of the assistantship
- Meet requirements to be eligible for employment by a U.S. university
- Graduate assistantships require a commitment of between 10 to 15 hours of work per week. The actual number of hours completed in any given week may not exceed 15 hours. A maximum of two of the weekly worked hours can be done from home with prior approval from the supervisor.
- The rate of compensation for graduate assistantships is $12 per hour.
- If you are applying as an Early Action candidate the application deadline for the graduate assistantships is December 1st. If you are applying as a Regular Decision candidate the application deadline for the graduate assistantships is March 1st.
To apply for any of the graduate assistantships students must submit the following by March 10 to:
- Resume and Cover Letter (candidates may submit one general cover letter for all positions for which they are applying, or write individual cover letters for each graduate assistantship.)
- Essay: Write an essay (two pages, double spaced) which describes why you qualify for the particular graduate assistantship for which you are applying. Your essay may include any additional qualifications you may have for the appointment you are seeking. Include details about such things as employment experience, teaching experience, museum experience, research writing, artistic creation, travel and other relevant skills. Also provide a brief description of your plans after completing your graduate education.
- Two Letters of Recommendation one of which should be from a current or past instructor or someone familiar with your professional qualifications relevant to this role.
- For those students applying to the Museology Review position, please also submit an academic writing sample.
- Students applying for more than one assistantship must indicate their preference priority in their cover letter.
Please send all documents to:
Attention: Jennifer McLain
3399 North Rd.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici Recognition Awards 2015-2016
In addition to the graduate assistantships, Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici offers a limited number of Recognition Awards each academic year to students in the M.A. in Museum Studies program. All students admitted to the program are automatically considered for these awards. No application is necessary. Award selection and amount of the award is based on student academic performance, potential for success in the program, and financial need.