Graduate Assistantship in Program Support
The Graduate Assistant in Program Support is an appointment that runs in the fall and spring semesters. The position requires 10 to 15 hours per week in the Marist Branch Campus, compensated at a rate of $12 per hour. The actual number of hours completed in any given week may not exceed 15 hours. A maximum of two of the weekly worked hours can be done from home with prior approval from the supervisor.
The Graduate Assistant in Program Support will assist with the daily running of a busy International Education office. The graduate assistant will assist with the functioning of the Branch Campus office, collecting student paperwork, handling student inquiries, coordinating itineraries for visitors (students, families, faculty and staff from Poughkeepsie), and assisting with general administrative tasks. The graduate assistant will also support special project work of Marist-LdM such as the alumni initiative, admissions activities, program evaluations, and commencement.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to meet given deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to coordinate meetings and events
- Solid writing skills
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience working in an office setting preferred
- Previous experience in higher education administration or a study abroad setting