Marist-LdM Experience (for Visiting Students)
Italy is one of the most amazing study environments in the world and has been a popular destination for study abroad for many years. The combination of renaissance wonders amid a thriving modern Italian culture and creative arts has been enjoyed by Marist undergraduates for over 15 years. Several years ago Marist extended its program to include students visiting from other colleges and universities around the world.
The Marist-LdM Experience has been designed with a special remote pre-departure program that helps students in all locations prepare for their study abroad experience. All Marist Students have access to the vast resources of Italian life: museums, festivals, music, opera, and an unrivaled architectural history. Students enrolled in the Marist-LdM Experience are able to select from a series of special excursions and events are offered to encourage cultural immersion and foster travel opportunities giving students an opportunity to see more of Italy. Students may choose Florence, Rome, Tuscania, Venice or the 3 Cities program where students travel to three cities in the course of the semester.
ADMISSION GUIDELINES - To apply to the Marist-LdM Experience applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum grade point average 2.8
- Matriculated status at a US college or university
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Display maturity and responsibility in social conduct
- Be healthy both physically and emotionally
- Complete and submit the MLE application in full prior to the application deadline
DEADLINES - Deadlines for the Marist-LdM Experience are as follows:
- Fall Semester and Full Academic Year - June 15
- Spring Semester - November 15
- June Summer Session - May 15
- July Summer Session - June 15
- January Winter Session - November 15