Digital Media Bachelor’s Degree
Earn a B.S. in Digital Media in While Studying Florence, Italy
Digital Media is one of the fastest growing and most competitive professional fields of the modern age. Marist's Digital Media Bachelor’s degree through the Florence, Italy study abroad program allows undergraduate students attending university in Italy to understand media through both digital and traditional techniques, as well as learn how to appeal to an audience while placing a personal stamp on a project.
Digital Media Bachelor’s degree students studying abroad in Italy learn how to analyze graphic, advertising, and communication needs. Our study abroad students also learn how to address these needs though graphic design, illustrating and animating, creating brands, identities and objects in order to convey a message. Florence, Italy Digital Media B.S. students will learn how to successfully communicate this message to their intended audience by learning how to recognize the strong points of a product, a brand, or an idea and convey those through all different kinds of media.
Why Earn A Digital Media Bachelor’s Degree Studying Abroad in Italy
The Digital Media B.S. degree allows undergraduate students to take projects from concept to reality by allowing students to execute a concept. The ability to see a project from start to finish will allow undergraduate Digital Media students to understand how design and media ideas must mesh with the technology that is used to execute the final product. Four year study abroad students enrolled in the Digital Media Bachelor’s degree program in Florence, Italy will leave university being able to make strategic decisions in a super-competitive world, read market trends and formulate dynamic, effective and successful solutions.
Mac and Windows sit side-by-side in our multi-functional labs within the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM) where, in addition to the most recent technology, traditional techniques are also studied and put to good use. Techniques are learned through practice and experience, as well as through the vast literature available not only in the school library, but also in the digital media department library. Printed material isn't just consulted, but also produced, thanks to our state-of-the-art printing center, developed to offer every printing opportunity to our students, from plotting to binding - even cloth printing!
Digital Media Bachelors Degree Careers
- Webpage design
- Computer game images and animation
Requirements for a Bachelors of Science in Digital Media
Note: A minimum of 60 credits in Liberal Arts is required.
- Major course requirements
- Core/Liberal Arts Studies & Foundation Requirements
- Core Curriculum Courses
- Course Requirements (21 Credits)
- ART180 History of Western Art I: Antiquity to Early Renaissance
- ART186 History of Western Art II: High Renaissance to Present
- ART366 History of 20th Century Art/ART 370 Avant-Garde and Modernist Art
- ART350 Contemporary Art/ART375 Contemporary Art
- GRAP400 Graphic Design: Art Project Development/GRA310 Graphic Design Project Dev.
- CSIS103 Information & Computer Literacy
- ART477 Capping Course/ART 355/CLT 355 Images and Words
- Track Requirements (12 Credits)
- GRAP185 Visual Design Theory/GRA 190 Found. Of Visual Comm.
- ART110 Basic Drawing/PDM 130 Principles of Drawing and Composition
- STUD170 Introductory Sculpture/SCU160 Introductory Sculpture
- GRAP101 Digital Graphics Technical Fundamentals/GRA185 Digital Graphics Tech. Fund
- Concentration Requirements (21 Credits)
- GRAP320 Flash for Web/GRA320 Web Animation
- ART320 Digital Photography/PHO 130 Intro to Digital Photography
- GRAP220 Web Design I/GRA 215 Web Design Fundamentals
- GRAP170 Graphic Design I/GRA170 Graphic Design
- Select three (3) courses from the following:
- GRAP295 Web Design II/GRA295 Dynamic Web Design
- GRAP370 Motion Graphic Techniques/GRA370 Motion Graphic Techniques
- GRAP380 Advanced Imaging/GRA380 Advanced Imaging
- GRAP 330 Rendering Essentials/GRAP330 Rendering Essentials
- GRAP 315 Web Authoring/GRA315 Professional Blog Design
- STUD293 Intermediate Digital Photography/PHO230 Intermediate Digital Photo
- Course Requirements (15 Credits)
- Students must take an additional fifteen (15) credits in art electives, related field electives (i.e. multimedia related courses), and/or in a professional internship or any combination of the three
- Core / Liberal Studies & Foundation Requirements (42-45 Credits)
- Elective Course Requirements (6-9 Credits)
Total Requirement for Graduation (120 Credits)
Marist's Florence, Italy Bachelor's degree in Digital Media degree is based out of the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM). Our B.S. in Digital Media degree program is the only university-level, four-year U.S. bachelor degree program located in Florence, Italy. Digital Media major classes are taught in English by an international faculty on the Lorenzo de' Medici campus. Contact us to learn whether the Marist study abroad B.S. in Digital Media major through the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici in Florence, Italy is right for you.