Fine Arts Bachelor’s Degree
Earn a B.A. in Fine Arts with a Studio Arts Concentration in Florence, Italy
Students enrolled in the Marist College Florence Fine Arts Bachelor’s Degree learn, live, and experience fine art in the heart of Florence, Italy. As the birthplace of modern humanism, naturalistic arts and scientific inquiry, Florence, Italy was the cradle of Renaissance civilization.
Today Florence, Italy remains the ideal destination for those interested in earning a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, giving undergraduate students the exciting opportunity to draw and paint in response to the historic and contemporary art, architecture and culture of Florence, Italy. While attending university, studio walls will be left behind and undergraduate Fine Art students will make art in the cities and landscapes of Florence, Italy itself. Traditional and contemporary approaches to art making will be explored.
Why Earn A Fine Arts Bachelor’s Degree in Italy
The undergraduate Fine Arts degree program at Marist College stimulates and develops the potential individual creativity of students enrolled in the university-level program, providing them not only with the technical skills but also the conceptual insights necessary for the development of artistic talent. Marist College gives its undergraduate students enrolled in the B.A. in Fine Arts degree the tools necessary for entering the competitive labor market.
Through our Fine Art Bachelor’s degree students have the opportunity to work with and study some of the greatest artistic masters of the Renaissance like Donatello and Michelangelo. Undergraduate Fine Arts students can spend time studying and learning traditional art techniques through sculpture, photography, art restoration and other fine art visual skills through immersion in the exquisite beauties Florence, Italy and the surrounding areas.
Along with hands on experience, Marist College provides its B.A. in Fine Arts students with a complete library and computing facilities, a wide range of student clubs and societies, and organized cultural events, field trips and site visits. Additionally, the Marist College Bachelor’s in Fine Arts degree program offers unparalleled access to museums, festivals, and artists allowing students the chance to explore the richest art environment in Europe while attending university.
The B.A. in Fine Arts with a concentration in Studio Art is a four-year program designed to combine a broad-based training in the visual arts with a traditional liberal arts education. After foundation training, each undergraduate student specializes in one of several tracks: digital media, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, or restoration.
Careers for B.A. in Fine Arts Degree Graduates
- Advertising production and design
- Commercial artist
Requirements for a Bachelor’s of Arts in Fine Arts with a Concentration in Studio Art
Note: A minimum of 90 credits in Liberal Arts is required
- Major course requirements
- Core/Liberal Arts Studies & Foundation Requirements
- Core Curriculum Courses
- Course Requirements (21 Credits)
- PDM190 Fundamentals of Art & Design: Color Theory
- ART110 Basic Drawing/PDM130 Principles of Drawing and Composition
- ART180 History of Western Art I: Antiquity to Early Renaissance
- ART186 History of Western Art II: High Renaissance to Present
- One 200-300 level Art History course
- CSIS 103 Information & Computer Literacy
- ART477 Capping Courses/ART 355/CLT 355 Images and Words
- Course Requirements (21 Credits)
- Three (3) courses in one of the following: digital media, drawing, design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture and ceramics, or restoration
- Each student is required to take four (4) additional courses in studio art
- Core / Liberal Studies & Foundation Requirements (42-45 Credits)
- Elective Course Requirements (33 - 36 Credits)
Total Requirement for Graduation (120 Credits)
The Marist College Florence, Italy bachelor's degree in Fine Arts is based out of the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM). Our B.A. in Fine Arts degree program is the only four-year U.S. bachelor degree program in Florence, Italy. Fine Arts courses are taught in English by an international faculty. Contact us to learn whether the Marist College B.A. in Fine Arts degree through the Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici (LdM) in Florence, Italy is right for you.