Graduate Assistantships and Scholarships
There are a limited number of graduate assistantships available to graduate students in the M.A. in Museum Studies program. Graduate assistants provide services to Marist-LdM such as administrative and student support. Students may apply for more than one assistantship but can only receive one award. In order to apply for one of our assistantships, please indicate on your application to the program that you are interested in one.
Assistantship reviews will begin during the first week of March, and positions will be awarded by the end of March. Only those students accepted to the program will be interviewed for assistantship positions. To be considered for a Graduate Assistantship, please submit all application material on or prior to the March 1 deadline.
- Graduate Assistantship in Program Support
- Graduate Assistantship in Student Activities and Marketing
- Graduate Assistantship in Cultural Heritage
- Graduate Assistantship in Museology Review
- Graduate Library Assistantship
- Resident Assistant (open to both B.A. and M.A. students)
- Must be a fully admitted graduate student to the M.A. in Museum Studies program
- Must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 for the duration of the assistantship
- Meet requirements to be eligible for employment by a U.S. university
- Graduate assistantships require a commitment of between 10 to 15 hours of work per week. The actual number of hours completed in any given week may not exceed 15 hours. A maximum of two of the weekly worked hours can be done from home with prior approval from the supervisor.
- The rate of compensation for graduate assistantships is $12 per hour.
Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici Recognition Awards
In addition to the graduate assistantships, Istituto Lorenzo de' Medici offers a limited number of Recognition Awards each academic year to students in the M.A. in Museum Studies program. All students admitted to the program are automatically considered for these awards. No application is necessary. Award selection and the amount of the award is based on student academic performance, the potential for success in the program, and financial need.
Marist Graduate Scholarships
Merit Graduate Scholarships
- Graduate Scholars Award 3.5 GPA or higher $2,000 - $5,750
- Graduate Academic Award 3.2 - 3.49 GPA $1,200 - $3,450
- Marist Alumni Scholars Award 3.5 GPA or higher $2,000 - $5,750
- Marist Alumni Academic Award upon accept $1,200 - $3,450
Merit awards are made at the discretion of the scholarship committee. The total scholarship amount awarded covers the duration of the program and is applied by course each semester in the amount of $150 or $250 per course.
Alumni Tuition Benefit
In recognition of the significant contributions Marist alumni make to the institution and to the community, we want to give back and encourage you to further your education by pursuing a master’s degree at Marist. To help get you started, we are offering all alumni their first graduate course tuition free.
- The tuition benefit only applies to new students initiating an application to a stand-alone graduate program through the Office of Graduate Admission.
- Students may only take their first graduate course tuition free (valid starting January 2019; currently enrolled graduate students do not qualify.) The first course of enrollment may be pre-determined based on the program selected.
Corporate & Organizational Partnerships
Marist College has created academic partnerships with organizations who share our commitment to diversity and places a high value on the importance of community and the principles of service. Please visit the partnerships page to see a full list of participating associations and employers and learn about specific benefits.
Students cannot receive both a merit award and an academic partnership discount together. The Office of Student Financial Services will award the higher allocation if a student qualifies for both awards.